Lead Product Designer
We're doing the impossible by making tax easy. Up for the challenge?
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate product designer to own the entire design process, from inception through to implementation. Someone who loves creative, pixel perfect, UX optimised designs that solve real world problems. The position comes with a lot of creative freedom to allow you to make your mark in TaxTim, and the FinTech space as a whole. You'll contribute to some of the most critical parts of the product process: understanding user needs through research, creating interactive prototypes, user testing, designing high-fidelity interfaces and extensively testing and measuring your product to make sure it meets project goals.
- You will own the product's UI design and UX optimisation, from inception through user testing on to the final pixel perfect solution
- You'll create and refine prototypes to validate ideas early on in the design process
- You'll perform user testing
- You'll design high fidelity UI
- You'll be instrumental in instilling design best practices and cultivating a design culture within the product team
- You'll be responsible for collaborating with the engineering, marketing and tax teams to come up with informed and optimised solutions
- You'll be the user's voice by advocating for user-centred design that solves real world problems and creates positive experiences that drive user interaction
- 5+ years designing and shipping high quality projects
- Proven experience implementing UX testing and research to create well informed and relevant designs
- Proven ability to work closely with engineering to bring designs to life
- Proven ability to think strategically at a high level
- Experience working in an agile environment is advantageous
- Experience working with project management software such as Notion, Trello or Jira
- Proficient using either Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, Invision or similar design tools
- A keen eye for UI and effective design
- Motivation, a self-starter mentality, and a drive to make your mark
- A signing bonus
- Financial assistance should you want to make the move down to sunny Cape Town
- Flexi-time, we don't like micro-management
- You'll get a brand new laptop, and extended screen if needed, we like Macbook Pros and Dell XPSs
- All the software licenses you might want or need
- Your very own limitless Skillshare account to satiate your curious mind
- An annual educational / up-skilling allowance
- All the coffee or Red Bull you could ever want
- Some sweet TaxTim schwag ( Which you can overhaul and expand once you start ;) )
R35-55k (based on skill and experience)
Keen to apply? Take our digital chat bot interview with TaxTim now!
We're excited to meet you!
for more information.
← Back to all jobs