Mid/Junior PHP Developer
We need you to plan, deploy and analyse the marketing strategies that attract taxpayers best
What is TaxTim?
TaxTim is a friendly, all-digital tax robot, making tax easy for millions of South Africans. Operating much like a simple WhatsApp chat, TaxTim contains the brains of several tax experts rolled into one, and helps people to do their own tax returns quickly, easily and with confidence.
What we're proud of:
Perks of the job:
- Started in 2011 with seed funding from Google
- Integrated with SARS eFiling
- Have helped over 7 million South Africans to date
- Partnerships with Momentum, Sanlam, Old Mutual and PwC
- Expanded into Namibia and Nigeria
Cool projects in 2020:
- Flexitime / work from home, as you wish (earned priviledge)
- Create miracles that people love you for by Making Tax Easy
- Flat company structure - you own projects and schedule your own time
- Rock up in shorts, slops and take over the couch / Vetsak
- Work in beautiful Cape Town, next to a new coffee machine, across from a bakery
- Small team of 9 = great start-up experience and anti-big corporate feel
- Financial assistance with moving to Cape Town
- Moving our Puppeteer crawlers into Node on Serverless AWS Lambda and SQS
- Migrating our PHP codebase into Symfony OOP
- Separating our frontend and backend with Vue / React
- Integration of our product with one of SA's leading banks
- Integrating our Small Business product with eFiling and Xero
- Good working knowledge of PHP (2+ years full time working experience, or demonstrable projects, or formal training in PHP)
- Experience with MySQL (1+ years exposure)
- Ideal: Some exposure to MVC / OOP / Laravel / Symfony
- Interested to learn a lot, be coached into best practices, work in a team and be corrected at times, confident asking for help
- Self-directed and self-motivated, able to self-teach, upskill and learn new technologies without supervision
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
Keen to apply? Please take a digital interview with TaxTim at this link.
- Maintain, expand and bug-fix internal and client-facing functionality
- Write clean, efficient and reusable code, utilizing best practices such as SOLID, DRY and KISS
- Assist with refactoring legacy code into a new Symfony based system
- Create and consume APIs (both REST and SOAP)
- Work closely with our CTO Evan (high-voltage enthusiast) and John (electric skateboard builder) and new recruits
We're excited to meet you!
for more information.
← Back to all jobs