Make Tax Easy with Momentum and TaxTim
Do your own tax return quickly, easily and with confidence
At a glance
We’re here for your journey to success, whether it's to help you save for retirement or navigate your taxes. Your finances shouldn't make you want to run for the hills.
TaxTim's expert online guidance is friendly and easy to follow. It guides you step by step through completing and submitting your tax return. And it's free for Momentum clients. As a bonus, TaxTim also tells you how you can benefit from tax breaks.
Plus, it's fully integrated with SARS eFiling, which means that returns are directly submitted on your behalf.
TaxTim helps all individuals, whether you:
What you get
- earn a monthly salary;
- are a freelancer or earn commission; or
- are an entrepreneur with your own business as a sole proprietor.
TaxTim is FREE to all Momentum clients and eligible*
Multiply members as indicated below:
All Momentum clients
Multiply Premier - you and your spouse/partner
Multiply Provider - you and your spouse/partner
Multiply Starter - you and your spouse/partner
MMI permanent staff
This offer covers only Individual (ITR12) and Provisional (IRP6) tax returns. Company tax returns (ITR14) are excluded.
Multiply Premier clients qualify for 40 points per member for tax returns completed and submitted via TaxTim from July 01, 2018.
Points are allocated once off per eligible member; regardless of the number of tax returns filed. Maximum points; 40 per single contract and 80 per family contract. Points will be automatically allocated within 48 hours of tax return being submitted.
Adult dependants are not eligible for the TaxTim special offer.
How it works
How to get it:
- Register on the TaxTim website by creating your user profile to start your journey.
- On the package selection page, enter your Multiply client number, ID number or passport number to get TaxTim free.
- Choose the TaxTim package that is most suited to you.
- Optional: Link your SARS eFiling account to TaxTim to save time by importing your IRP5.
- Answer simple questions online about your income and expenses. TaxTim uses your answers to complete your tax return instantly and professionally while making sure that you are claiming for all the deductions applicable to you and that your return meets SARS compliance regulations.
- Once completed, TaxTim submits your tax return to SARS for you with just one click.
- Should you need any help along the way, please ask the TaxTim helpdesk.
If you get stuck, you can ask TaxTim any tax-related question. The TaxTim tax experts answer a range of questions every day, from simple to complicated, and cover diverse topics like:
- "Where do I get my tax number?"
- "What does the red text on my SARS assessment mean?"
- "How do I claim Home Office expenses?"
The site has over 7 000 published questions and blogs available, in addition to simple tax calculators and decision-tree tools built to help taxpayers with common tax troubles.
For more information visit www.taxtim.com. Alternatively, you can contact the Multiply service call centre on 0861 886 600
The standard TaxTim Ts & Cs