Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Register as a Sole Proprietor

Jeanie says:
9 May 2022 at 17:05

Can TaxTim help me register as a Sole Proprietor and assist me with my accounting?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 May 2022 at 7:47

A sole proprietor income will need to be declared on your personal income tax return (because you are trading in your personal name).

It is very important that you register for provisional tax. You need to register for provisional tax because you will be earning income as a sole proprietor.

We will be able to assist you with your tax side of affairs. Unfortunately, we do not provide accounting services. You can refer to our basic Overview of Balance Sheet & Income statement if you would like to attempt to keep your own accounting record. Alternatively, you will need to appoint an accountant. Being provisional taxpayer basically means you need to submit a total of 3 tax returns, which include 2 provisional tax returns during the tax year and the income tax return (the final tax return) after the year has passed. Please refer to our following blogs for more information: Sole prop versus Company,Am I a Provisional taxpayer? & What is Provisional Tax? How and when?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.