Will I pay tax on my rented house if I use that money to rent a house in another area?

I only own the 1 property.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 May 2013 at 20:27

If you are earning income from renting a house then you will pay tax on this amount. If however you use that money to pay a interest on a bond for another house which you rent out again and earn income then you can deduct the interest for tax purposes against the income earned.

However you cannot make claims for personal expenses such as rent on your own home.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.