Who should submit additional medical expenses - main member or spouse?

AHS says:
29 October 2015 at 14:18

I am the main medical aid member (cover for myself and my spouse). We ran out of our MSA and we incurred some expenses that my spouse paid for herself.

My Question:

Who should submit additional medical expenses not paid for by our medical aid when doing our tax returns, myself or my spouse?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
29 October 2015 at 19:43

She would have to include the expenses if she paid them personally.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.