Which proof of expenses should I hold onto?

Kelebogile says:
31 May 2016 at 21:28

Which receipts should I take a picture of?
Or, which expenses should I note down in preparation for tax time?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 June 2016 at 10:29

Are you self-employed or a salaried employee?

Kelebogile says:
1 June 2016 at 10:55

I am a salaried employee.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 June 2016 at 9:23

You would need all tax certificates that are applicable to you e.g., medical aid, pension, IT3b (interest and/or dividends from bank), IT3c (capital gains), IRP5/IT3a

You would also need to keep a copy of all your "out of pocket" Medical expenses that you can include in the medical section of your tax return.

If you receive a car allowance, you need a logbook too.

If you have made donations to any approved non-profit organisations, you would need your S18 tax certificate.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.