When a certain amount was deducted from my UIF can I go for a tax return on the money that was deduc

I resigned an the company paid out my UIF an there was an amount deducted so I just want to knw if I get a tax return on the money that was deducted.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 June 2013 at 20:32

If your UIF was paid out you should not have had a deduction, was it not from a pension fund or provident fund?

Gabbie00 says:
23 June 2013 at 20:34

It was deducted from my pension fund.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 June 2013 at 20:40

Pension fund withdrawals are subject to tax based on a sliding scale. This is a final tax and is usually not recoverable.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.