What tax do I need to pay?

I've got 4 small businesses that are not registered. The money comes into my personal bank account. I earn around R30 000 a month. Must I pay personal tax on the whole amount I get in every month or can I deduct the expenses used for business? I do not include any VAT on my business invoices, but I do spent money for business purposes.

I would appreciate it if you can help me with this!!

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
14 April 2013 at 18:53

You would pay tax in your personal name if the businesses aren't registered. You would be able to deduct all the expenses incurred for business purposes only, so nothing personal which can be deducted off the income amount you get each month. If you are earning more than R20 000 per annum as profit then you need to register as a provisional taxpayer as well.

See here - click here

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.