What is your tax code on secondary income if you are permanently employed as well?

If you are working full time and also earning part-time income after hours, from a home based office, what will be the tax code for your secondary income and will you be allowed to deduct office expenses?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 March 2013 at 9:58

You would include these amounts on your ITR12 - Income Tax Return under "local business income" where you would show all incomes and expenses related to the secondary income.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.