What is the difference between Capital Gains Tax and normal tax?

If a company's main activity is buying and selling properties, will they pay Capital Gains Tax?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
8 April 2013 at 18:39

If the main purpose of the company is to buy and sell properties then it would be treated as trading and not capital and therefore subject to corporate tax at 28% and not the capital gains rate.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.