What is member's share of claims paid/

Sebodu says:
10 September 2015 at 10:52

On the medical Aid Certificate, what is member's share of claims paid?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
10 September 2015 at 14:50

This is the portion that you paid for claims that was not refunded by the Medical Aid.
It should be included in the Medical Aid Section on your Tax Return in the block: "Medical Expenses not recovered from your medical scheme" code 4020.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.