FAQ Blog Q&A Calculators Students Logbook Contact
14 Days Remaining of Tax Season 2019! Click here to file your tax return with TaxTim now.

What happens if I've earned foreign income?

Posted 25 September 2012 under Tax Q&A

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →
I qualify to have my income classified as foreign income, but am unsure of the disclosure of this on my tax return.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 August 2012 at 18:53

What is the source of the foreign income? Business related, interest, dividends?

Rubix says:
16 August 2012 at 23:01

I'm working for a SA company abroad so this would be my main income. Business related?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
18 August 2012 at 16:00

If your company continues to pay your salary and it is for work done out of South Africa then this income may be exempt from tax if you are our of SA for longer than 183 days and 60 of those are continuous.

You would disclose this income under, "amounts not considered taxable", it is the 2 block and relates to section 10(1)(o)

Get Tax Deadline Reminders, News and Tips

We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.

Blog Categories