What forms are required to submit for filing my tax return?

What form(s) do I need to fill in? and what if I don't have an irp5 certificate from my employee?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 July 2012 at 20:55

You would need to complete an ITR12 - an income tax return. Tim walks you through the whole process and then completes this form for you.

If you don't have an IRP5 from your employer you should demand one. Your employer has an obligation to provide you with an IRP5 at the end of the tax year. If you are registered for eFiling you can check on your profile if your IRP5 has been captured or not. Otherwise calling a SARS call centre will be able to tell you this as well. This is important because your employer pays over your PAY-AS-YOU-EARN tax each month and you need to be sure this was done. If they do not provide you with an IRP5 then you will need to go into a SARS office where they will take a sworn statement saying this and then help you with your return.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.