What code to use when the Employer pays 100% of the Medical Aid contribution?

I have an employee where the company pays 100% of their medical aid contribution. when submitting the ITA3/IRP5 form to sars how is this captured? I cannot use the code 4474 without a corresponding amount in code 3810?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 April 2013 at 15:54

The code 3810 is the corresponding code used for the employer's portion of the medical aid contribution which you would use and complete with the 100%. The employee is taxed on this a fringe benefit.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.