What are tax benefits of working 180 days out of SA and 60 consecutive days?

I work for SA company in Botswana. My salary and tax are paid in South Africa. Is there a tax benefit in working 180 days out of the country.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 June 2013 at 19:16

If it is more than 183 days outside of SA then the income earned for those days out of SA will be exempt from income tax.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.