What am I to do when the company I was working for ended our contracts and did not give me an IRP5?

I did not receive an IRP5 because the company went into bankruptsy and closed their doors. SARS want the IRP5's of that year which I can't get anywhere and they are giving me penalties each month.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
8 April 2013 at 18:21

You can go to a police station and get a sworn affidavit stating all this and give it to SARS as part of your submission.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.