Unwanted ITR12?

My application date was 2011-05-30, but for some reason they set my year of liability to 2011, so now I have an ITR12 for TaxPeriod: 2011, but I wasn't earning in that tax year. Should I just file an empty return (tick the "Were you unemployed for the full year ..." checkbox, or should I contact them and ask them to remove it?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 February 2013 at 20:34

In this case you should file an empty return as this was the case in the 2011 tax year.

Glen says:
19 February 2013 at 22:09

Okay, will do.


TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 February 2013 at 16:32

Pleasure as always!

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.