Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Taxable allowance for cell phone 3713

Tax girl says:
15 July 2015 at 14:44

I received cell phone allowance under code 3713 (taxable). Where on the tax return can I claim the expense?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
15 July 2015 at 14:46

You would claim the expense under depreciation in the Other Deductions section - however this would be the value of the handset/3 and apportioned for the business use of the phone, which you will have to calculate using the itemised billing statement from you cell company.

Try our depreciation calculator

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.