Tax on bonus with SARS

Anonymous says:
26 May 2015 at 3:04

I am employed by the government and want to know if there is an option where u pay tax annually? And if I am paying monthly should my bonus be taxed. I earn 15250 per month.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 May 2015 at 22:54

Your employer needs to deduct the tax monthly if you are salaried employee. Your bonus will be taxed yes. You can make use of our SARS income tax calculator to see if you are paying the correct tax.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.