Tax on a deceased's Retirement Annuity

Ameeth says:
28 March 2017 at 12:35

I received money from my late dad's Retirement Annuity and I was taxed on this. Does that
matter at all?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 March 2017 at 13:11

You should declare it on your tax return under the none taxable income section and list it as an inheritance.
The Retirement Annuity should've been included in your father's deceased estate and would have already been taxed there so you wont be taxed on it again.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.