Tax Exemtion status

My name is Sam working for the NGO and we have received a tax exemption and the Public Benefit Organisation status how that can help us in our fundraising for our programes and what is the procedure to identify donors?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
31 January 2013 at 12:55

In order for the public and corporates to claim their tax deduction from a donation to a NPO you would need to give them a certificate with your PBO number from SARS stating the amount donated.

In terms of how to raise funds, I am unable to assist there, but a marketing campaign manager and seasoned fundraiser will be able to assist.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.