Tax Deduction for education

Posted 7 May 2019 under Tax Q&A
Petrus says:
7 May 2019 at 12:38

Can I receive an income tax deduction for paying for my own university costs?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
7 May 2019 at 13:30

University fees are regarded as a personal expense and therefore would unfortunately not be deductible against your income for tax purposes.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →