Statement of assets when married out of community, but with 50/50 primary residence

Interested in how to represent the primary residence assets amount on the ITR12, statement of local assets and liabilities, if:

Married out of community of property, with accrual
Purchased a house with the wife 50/50, therefore in both our names

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 January 2013 at 11:43

You would include the portion that belongs to you, so the 50% split for the residence as this would represent your asset if, in the unfortunate event, something would happen to you.

Ian says:
23 January 2013 at 9:03

Thanks for the speedy reply Tim!

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 January 2013 at 16:28

Only a pleasure!

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.