Source codes 4201 & 4250

Beatrice says:
16 November 2015 at 17:05

Which section do you enter income source code 4201 & 4250? I have investments at RSA Retails Bonds and Satrix. I didn't see anywhere to enter it.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 November 2015 at 17:24

4201 is for local interest income within the Investment Income section.

4250 is the Capital Gain/Loss section. You need to indicate in the opening questions that you disposed of assets in order for this section of the Tax Return to be generated.

Beatrice says:
16 November 2015 at 18:02

Will I be able to amend it as I have already submitted it?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 November 2015 at 19:17

Yes, you can navigate to your Tax Return via SARS eFiling history, and then "request correction". You will need to complete and submit the whole tax return again.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.