Source Code 4002 on my ITR12 - Income Tax Return?

May you please explain to me clearly what the question below states: 'were any payments made to a pension fund during this tax year for the tax years prior to 2013. Is information needed for code 4001 same as the one for code 4002?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 June 2013 at 14:40

This would be if you made payments to pension fund in the current tax year, but they were for arrears payments in other years where you didnt make the payment. They are not contributions for the current tax year.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.