Should I register for provisional tax if I have more than one employer?

Solo says:
20 August 2015 at 22:38

What do you do if you have more than one employer and thus have more than one IRP5 or IT3? Should you register as provisional tax payer or not?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 August 2015 at 10:32

If you are employed and are earning a salary and your employer is deducting tax (i.e PAYE) then you don't need to register for provisional tax.

You do need to register if you are self-employed and earning above the tax threshold and not paying any tax.

See more details on provisional tax below.
What is Provisional Tax? How and when?

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.