Should I be submitting a return now for 2013 as a provisional tax payer?

I've submitted my 2012 tax return last year as an individual taxpayer. After which I started freelancing midway through August. I was on a six month contract with my ex-company (which ended on 31 January) where they deducted the tax for me, but have also been doing work for other companies/individuals that I would have to pay the tax on. My question is, should I have submitted a return before the end of January to pay in at the end of March? If yes, what do I do now to stay tax complaint?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 March 2013 at 9:44

Yes you should register for provisional tax going forward. Have a look at this link to find out more about provisional tax.

click here

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.