Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Self employed, how do I pay my tax to SARS?

Q: Self-employed and tax payable to SARS

Sheldon says:
7 April 2022 at 14:16

I am self-employed and I would like to know what the tax will be on a R30 000 salary and how do I pay it over to SARS?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
7 April 2022 at 15:08

  A: You can work out your tax on your taxable income and what tax rates you will pay by using our SARS income tax calculator here https://www.taxtim.com/za/calculators/income-tax?mmi You will be required to register for and submit Provisional Tax Returns (IRP6) in order to pay any tax due to SARS. Provisional taxpayers earn income from other sources on which no income tax has been deducted/withheld, therefore, they will need to declare this income on their IRP6 (provisional) tax return and pay the applicable tax thereon. For more information, please read our blog here https://www.taxtim.com/za/tax-guides/what-is-provisional-tax-how-and-when

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.