Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

SARS wont refund my medical?

Waheed says:
16 September 2015 at 21:19

I have taken out medical aid for my wife and kids, wife being the principal member. All premiums were debit from my bank account as my wife is unemployed. SARS wont refund me because the medical aid certificate is in my wife's name. Never had this problem with previous tax returns, audited this year. What can I do, SARS told me to submit 12months of banking statements for prove (march2014-feb2015) at my nearest branch???

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 September 2015 at 21:26

That is the best way to demonstrate to them that you are paying for the contributions, they will reconsider the case if you are able to do this.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.