Rental Income & Rental Expenses, where do I include them in my tax return?

Where exactly do I complete these amounts? My annual rental income is R50k.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 April 2013 at 15:11

You would include the rental income under the "local business income" section of the ITR12 (tax return). The income would be included in the box, "Income other than Turnover" and then you can also include any expenses you had in earning this rental income in the relevant boxes.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.