Provisonal Tax

Good morning From the 2nd of may I will be retired and will only earn income by way of 2 pension pay-outs from different employers. Must I register to become a provisional tax payer.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
18 March 2013 at 22:59

If the Pension Fund withholds PAYE on these amounts when they make payment to you then no you will not need to register for Provisional Tax, otherwise if you are unsure, click here click here

Riaan says:
20 March 2013 at 16:58


Much appreciated. This is an amzing Service



TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 March 2013 at 10:19

Only a pleasure!

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.