Provisional tax, what must I submit?

As a provisional tax payer I submit returns from September 2012- 28 February 2013. Am I allowed to submit on 1 March 2013? Do I need to submit receipts/ documents as some receipts have faded. Or is it acceptable to submit a summary of my expenses as I have recorded them?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 February 2013 at 15:16

The IRP6 (provisional tax return) only needs to be completed and submitted. You will only need to submit receipts etc when you submit your year end tax return (ITR12) if asked. Try make as dark copies as possible, but definitely submit a spreadsheet/summary to submit as well.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.