Please tell me how to object to a SARS statement of account(ITSA)?

I have already eFiled a dispute in the form of an objection to an assessment. But the ITSA contains duplicates - 1 original assessment and 2 additional assessments so that I have three amounts raised for one year. There does not seem to be facility for requesting corrections on eFiling? Thanks for the help.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
16 June 2013 at 16:10

When you object to an assessment, SARS issues an additional or revised assessment in response. These will be shown on the ITSA and the result is the final balance. If you are unhappy with any of the ITA34's which are the assessments then you can dispute via the dispute button. If a dispute fails then you need to go through the Alternate Dispute Resolution process (ADR) which you will find on your Income Tax Working Page on the latest ITA34.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.