Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Paying Tax for Website Earnings?

Hi Tim

I have a website and I receive an income every month through advertising which is paid to my bank account from overseas every month.

The amount differs each month (how much visits I get, ad company etc.)

How will I pay tax if I earn one month R3000 and one month R10000 (examples).

I don't want to pay a lump sum at the end of the 'tax year' if that is what it is called but would rather pay monthly like when you working in a company, is this possible?

I have a tax number as I worked for a company for 8 Months last year (2012)

Really appreciate your feedback

TaxTim TaxTim says:
12 June 2013 at 11:47

If your company does not provide you with a tax certificate or take off any tax before paying you your income you will have to disclose this to SARS. You will have to register as a provisional taxpayer and submit an IRP6 return every 6 months as well as a year end tax return -ITR12. The tax threshold for the 2014 year is R67 111 per annum.

Guide to Provisional Tax

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.