Paying a medical aid where you are not the main member

Dirk says:
4 July 2017 at 18:07

I pay the medical aid contributions for my mother-in-law and her mother who are financially dependent on me. They are the main members, but I pay the premium. Can I claim this?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 July 2017 at 21:55

Yes, you can. There are separate questions in the Medical section which request you to enter details of a medical aid (where you are not the main member) which you pay, for someone who is financially dependent on you.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.