Our cleaner earns R1 200 per month for working 2 days per week. She is registered as a taxpayer, bu

She has not submitted a tax form because of her salary. She is retiring at the end of December and we have been told that she will not be entitled to her pension if she does not submit her tax. Please could you help answer our question?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
17 November 2012 at 12:04

If you are referring to the government pension or from a company? They do often require a tax number despite the person being under the tax threshold and not being liable for tax as in the case of your cleaner. What you can do, if it is required, is to register her with SARS so at least she has a tax number, but obviously won't pay any tax due to her earnings. It would be best for her to submit a return anyway if that is what government requires.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.