Not working, but received a SARS penalty?

I have not submitted SARS returns as I was not working and not working. They have issued a penalty.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 May 2013 at 17:12

If you have an admin penalty and you would like to dispute it, you can request it to be cancelled by filling in an RFR form which you can find in the SARS branch office. You will then state the reasons why you have not submitted your return on time or why you have not submitted the return at all. This form will be sent to SARS and if the reason(s) provided is valid, then the penalty may be waived. If the return is required, the penalty may be waived and the recurring penalty stopped only if the return is submitted. If the return is required, not submitted and penalty is waived, it may attract further penalties until such time that the return is submitted.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.