New Medical Tax Credit?

When competing my Tax return form is there anything I need to complete on my tax form to get benefit from my medical aid tax credit or does SARS calculate it themselves. I earn R14 480 gross. My medical aid is R1740. My employee pays R1014 and I pay R726 per month towards my medical aid.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 July 2013 at 10:21

If it comes through your payslip then the only thing you would need to do is complete the number of members on your medical aid which you would do on the medical aid section of the ITR12 - Income Tax return.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.