My son is disabled, what costs can I recover for him?

Can I recover costs of his carer if she also cleans the house? Can I claim her transport? My son is still in nappies at 4 years old, can I claim the cost of these as it is due to his disability? how can I maximize the return of some of costs I incur for him?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
31 January 2013 at 13:31

You may claim costs that are directly related to his disability. If the carer cleans the house as result of looking after him and has transports costs as well due to your son's disability then you may claim those as well.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.