My employer is not registered for Employees' Tax, what can I do?

I am working as a p/a and store manager to a sole proprietor. She is not registered as an employer and does not intention to register. No tax is deducted from my salary - what should I do?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 March 2013 at 9:00

Are you working full time?

Annamolly says:
27 March 2013 at 18:58

I consider it full time employment, although I have no formal employment contract and am paid according to the hours I work. The hours vary - I do not work the same hours each day and often work four days a week and a day on the weekend.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 March 2013 at 19:11

If she refuses to register and pay over your PAYE to SARS then you could either report her to SARS or register a provisional taxpayer and submit these returns as well as pay over the taxes owed to SARS every 6 months - see here click here

Annamolly says:
27 March 2013 at 19:43

Thanks Tim. Appreciate your prompt response. I would rather register as a provisional taxpayer.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.