My contact details are incorrect on SARS ITCHN-1 form - how do I change them?

I have just submitted documentation to verify my Banking Details as a Non-Resident through Power of Attorney with a friend of mine in South Africa.I have just noticed that SARS have incorrectly recorded my Address Details. What do I do now? Do I wait for my Refund and then do the Change? These details are correct on eFiling. Also they have incorrectly recorded my Email Address as well on the Change of Personal Details for Individuals Form.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 November 2012 at 14:14

It shouldn't affect your refund payout so you can wait to change these details to the correct ones when you are able to. You must continue to update SARS though so you could even contact the call centre on 0800 00 7277 and inform them, they may be able to help you over the phone.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.