Must I pay provisional tax?

JAM says:
19 August 2015 at 6:22

I earn a salary of R5500 per month, I am under 65 years and receive interest and dividends of R25000 per year. What forms must I complete for my tax return? Must I pay provisional tax?
Thank you

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 August 2015 at 12:05

You do not need to pay provisional tax as you earn taxable income from interest and dividends which are less than R30,000 per year.

Your salary is below the tax threshold so you shouldn't be paying tax and you do not need to complete a Tax Return.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.