Medical Aid Expenses for previous tax years

Posted 6 July 2017 under Tax Q&A
Chantel says:
6 July 2017 at 15:57

I was retrenched April 2014 but continued paying for my medical aid in my
personal capacity. I only claimed for out of pocket medical expenses and
not what I paid in my private capacity. I'm not sure If I could claim for
that and if I can now with 2017 submission claim for 2014 / 2015 medical

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
6 July 2017 at 19:08

Unfortunately you cannot claim for 2014/2015 medical expenses in your 2017 submission.
You could try and request your 2015 Tax Return for correction and enter these details now? This can be done on SARS eFiling.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →