Medical aid deduction?

For part of the 2014 tax year my fiancÚ and I were part of Medihelp. He was the principal member thus the tax certificate is in his name, however the contributions were deducted from my bank account each month. Can he still include the medical aid on his tax return? Later on in the year we got married and everything is now in my name so we wont have a repeat, thank goodness.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
9 July 2014 at 18:16

He can include this in his name as he is the principal member.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.