Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Medical aid contribution

Gees says:
2 February 2017 at 13:39

I pay my medical aid via my employer but they dont help me with the contribution. They do give me a medical tax credit every month, is this the right way to do it or should my medical aid only show on my tax return?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 February 2017 at 21:55

You can declare your medical fund contributions via either of these ways as in both instances you will get a medical tax credit.
You will receive the credit monthly if your employer accounts for your contribution on your IRP5 or you will receive the credit annually if you only declare your contribution on your tax return.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.