Med deductons

Van says:
19 May 2015 at 17:02

I am 78 years old I paid R27000. 00 medical for the year what can I deduct from my income

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 May 2015 at 10:30

Is this a contribution to a medical aid and if so for how many dependents?

Van says:
20 May 2015 at 14:16

it is my contribution to my med aid I am an widower

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 May 2015 at 12:20

You will be able to claim, for the 2015 tax year - so the one we are going to file in beginning July - 257 per month against any tax paid and then a further claim of R4 888 off any taxes owing still. So in total you can reduce your taxes owing by R7 972

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.