I've been practicing as a medical practitioner since 2010 and still have not payed tax?

How do I go about starting this process? I've been an associate for the first 2 years and a partner the last 2 years. I've acquired a house with my wife and we needed to renovate the house and the grannies flat into a practice which I practice from 2 days a week. With all living expenses I do not have the excess to pay tax. What do I do?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
24 June 2013 at 11:09

The first thing you need to do is register as a taxpayer -

Obtain a tax number

Thereafter you need to determine whether you are a provisional taxpayer or a simple salaried employee -

Provisional Tax guide

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.