Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

ITR 12 or IRP6?

Niekie says:
16 February 2016 at 14:19

First of all I do have a tax number after working for an investment company a couple of years ago. I then resigned there and for the last three to four years not needed to pay tax. Currently I work for myself receiving three to four different income streams. All under my own name from research to maintenance. My question is: I now have to start paying tax again. The taxing income started on 1 Sep 2016, thus the first six months goes to end Feb. Do I need to submit a ITR12 or IRP6? And which package can I buy from TaxTim to advice me on the road ahead?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
17 February 2016 at 13:36

You need to register as a provisional taxpayer. Please read our blog on What is Provisional Tax? How and when?

You will need to submit two provisional tax returns (IRP6) as well as a tax return (ITR12) per year. The IRP6 is your estimate of the tax you owe for the year, while the ITR12 is your actual tax calculation adjusted for the provisional payments that you made.

Please Register for TaxTim and let us assist you to complete your tax return and provisional tax returns for the year.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.