IRP5 what must I do now?

In January 2013 I received my share of my ex husbands pension fund a lump sum where the tax was deducted. I received my IRP5 now. What must I do? what forms must I fill in and how would I know if I am going to maybe receive something back from SARS?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 June 2013 at 20:35

You will find this IRP5 on your tax return when you go onto the eFiling profile to submit your tax return. However as this was a lump sum payment you get taxed according to a table and so should not receive any money back from the tax paid on this amount.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.